All of the bills related to immigration in the House of Delegates have been sent to the House Courts of Justice Special Sub-Committee #3- Immigration. This committee will be meeting THIS FRIDAY at 12:00 NOON in “HOUSE ROOM C”.
The committee is made up of the patrons of the racist anti-immigrant bills and may more closely resemble a Ku Klux Klan meeting than a form of representative government. Here is what they will be discussing:
- HB 1420 Immigration laws; State Police to enter into agreement with U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement.
- HB 1421 Immigration laws, federal; enforcement by State, political subdivisions, or localities.
- HB 1430 Arresting officer to ascertain citizenship of arrestee; supplements existing law.
- HB 1465 Higher educational institutions; admission of illegal aliens.
- HB 1468 Citizenship or legal presence required for public assistance; verification required.
- HB 1482 Driver’s license; use of birth registration cards to obtain.
- HB 1574 Mandatory self-identification; failure to identify oneself to law-enforcement officer.
- HB 1651 Driver’s licenses, permits, and special identification cards; issuance only to U.S. citizens.
- HB 1727 Virginia Fair Employment Act; certain public contractors, etc., to enroll in E-Verify Program.
- HB 1775 Immigration status; parent enrolling student in public school must indicate citizenship.
- HB 1859 Public Procurement Act; state agencies to include in contract that contractor use E-Verify program.
- HB 1895 Illegal immigrants; docmument verfication for employment, penalty for false representation.
- HB 1914 E-Verify program; requires Virginia Employment Commission to use.
- HB 1934 Immigration laws; State Police to enter into agreement with U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement.
- HB 2153 Tuition, in-state; unlawfully present aliens in U.S. shall not be eligible.
- HB 2332 Citizenship of arrestee; arresting officer to ascertain.
- HB 2333 E-Verify program; preference given to services, etc., by persons for employees who work in State.
We Need As Many People As Possible To Show Up To These Committee Meetings!
Friday, January 28 at 12:00 Noon in “House Room C”
Contact Us if you can be there- it is easy and you can make a difference!